Position has been filled, thank you for your interest!
Japanime Games is looking for a new member to join our staff!
Marketing and Communications Manager
Full time position, pay to be determined by experience
Do you speak anime?
As our full-time Marketing and Communications Manager, you are the voice of Japanime Games. You work closely with our Production Manager and are responsible for our marketing and sales campaigns. You nurture our online communities and you build and grow our relationships.
Producers and translators of anime tabletop games. We’re publishers of games with fine anime art, engaging gameplay, and quality components. We’re a dispersed group, working from home offices across the country and from our Indiana warehouse.
This can be a remote filled position, for the right person.
- Passionate about board games and card games and you know anime.
- Ready to travel to game and anime conventions when needed.
- An engager who enjoys building and growing relationships.
- Someone who can work independently and responsibly.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Organized; with a strong attention to detail.
- A great writer.
- Based in the US or Canada
In the Marketing and Communications Manager role, you’ll be successful if you can:
- Find new leads and opportunities for marketing online and at conventions.
- Create campaigns for distributor and retailer marketing - Create mailers with new products, send reminder emails about new product and pre-orders.
- Enhance our distributor solicitations.
- Work with our Team Japanime Members and Japanime Partner Stores to organize release and promotional events.
- Develop social media promotions (convention, seasonal, new releases, kickstarter campaigns, sales, etc.).
- Manage social media, email, paid and organic advertising.
- Manage convention promotions and advertisements.
- Travel to around 10 conventions and/or trade shows across the country per year.
- Write engaging press releases.
- Craft, schedule, and follow up on multiple social media platforms.
- Increase high-quality, organic social engagement on all platforms.
- Contact and manage game reviewers; and also be comfortable doing video interviews with game media to promote and show our games.
- Manage donation and lending library requests.
- Update information on Board Game Geek.
- Create email marketing mailers focused on new releases, Kickstarter campaigns, and conventions.
- Craft Fan Club Mailers on a monthly basis.
- Evangelize new and existing products and educate social media fans about our games.
- Further develop and execute our brand voice.
- Handle customer service questions on social media and Kickstarter campaigns.
- Participate in the creation and execution of marketing materials, schedules, budget, and timeline.
- Be prepared to become a “face” of the company, promoting our products through social media on a regular basis.
- Monitor program performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you’re speaking our language...
Along with your resume submission, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Name two social networks or blog sites that you are an active participant on.
- Where do you get your boardgame news?
- What is your favorite tabletop game and why?
- What is your favorite anime?
Not required, but absolutely useful:
- Proficiency with graphic design and video editing
- Knowledge and familiarity with Kickstarter
- Shopify e-commerce platform knowledge
- Game Industry Marketing experience
- Local to our two home bases a plus – Portland, OR; or Fort Wayne, IN.
- University Degree in Marketing or Communications
- Multilingual – We work with Japanese, Chinese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Korean language partners.
Please submit your resume by mid-January 2019. Our expectation is to schedule interviews in late January, and to fill the position in early February. Interested candidates are invited to send their resume to email@example.com before January 15th.