Marketing and Communications Manager
Full Time, Remote Position, Pay Based Upon Experience.
We’re looking for someone to take our digital marketing, online presence, and social media to the next level. Japanime Games is growing and redefining needs and roles within the company. With changes in our structure, we’re looking for someone that can really take our digital marketing to new heights and expand our offerings. While the following are the core competencies and expectations we look for, the role is not entirely set in stone and is flexible upon finding the right fit. We’re constantly working on fun projects given the nature of our products and we want someone to share in that and make our games shine through online channels.
Who We Are
Producers and translators of anime tabletop games. We are publishers of games with fine anime art, engaging gameplay, and quality components. We are a dispersed group, working from home offices across the country and from our Indiana warehouse.
As our full-time Marketing and Communications Manager, you are the voice of Japanime Games. You work closely with our Production Manager and are responsible for our marketing and sales campaigns. You nurture our online communities and you build and grow our relationships. While this role will have a heavy focus on digital marketing, all aspects of marketing are important when it comes to success in this position.
Marketing Job Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identifies trends and insights and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize the user experience.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
- Identifies critical conversion points and drop-off points and optimizes user funnels.
- Various copywriting between social media, press releases, website copy, product copy, and more.
- Contacting and managing game reviewers, and also be comfortable doing video interviews with game media to promote and show our games.
- Handling customer service questions in email and on social media and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, or related experience.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing. Industry-specific experience not required.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, or otherwise.
- Motivated, Self-Starter a must. This position is often in charge of entire projects from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
- A knowledge/understanding of games. We don’t expect you to come from the industry, but games are at the heart of what we do.
Desired Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating and maintaining client relationships
- Self-motivated yet customer-focused
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Graphic Design Experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, Etc)
- A love of anime, pop culture, and surrounding topics.
- An excitement to meet with fans, travel to conventions, and be among people.
- Familiarity with remote work - Japanime Games is fully remote and in different locations around the globe.
Please submit your resume by mid-April 2021. Interested candidates are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 16th. We plan to evaluate and conduct interviews in the weeks following April 16th to select a candidate quickly.