We appreciate everyone's overwhelming interest! This position has been filled!
Japanime Games is looking for a new member to join our staff!
Full time remote position, pay to be determined by experience
As our Production Designer, your job is to make Japanime Games look great. You work closely with our Production Manager and are responsible for creating production files for our games and accessories, in addition to online assets for marketing.
Producers and translators of anime tabletop games. We’re publishers of games with fine anime art, engaging gameplay, and quality components. We’re a dispersed group, working from home offices across the country and from our Indiana warehouse.
• 5+ years production/design experience
• Know the difference between CMYK and RGB
• Must know pre-press and print production, can easily manipulate various Adobe formats.
• Ability to design and create pre-press files at mid-senior level
• Creative Suite proficiency, specifically in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro
• Layout and typography experience
• Excellent file and folder management skills
• Ability to have same-day deliverables for urgent needs
• Good email communication skills
• Ability to work remotely, be self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Design artwork for game packaging, instruction manuals, game boards, display graphics, POP, trade advertising, and more with minimal supervision
• You will design game components for both brand new titles as well as licensed titles.
• Design digital images for social media and various use
• Create digital mock-ups of product in development
• Make required revisions to designs based on feedback from stakeholders in a timely manner
• Create dielines using templates or adjust dielines to fit non-standard box sizes
• Ensure that all layouts are error-free and include proper imagery, product descriptions, logos, legal lines, UPC/SKU and copy prior to sending to production manger
• Preflight and package your own artwork as well as files from other designers
• Advise on workflow solutions and correct processes for print design with others
• Ability to simultaneously work on a variety of projects with shifting deadlines
• Flexibility to change direction on projects mid-way through with ease
Not required, but absolutely useful:
- Proficiency with video editing and/or animation
- Knowledge and familiarity with Kickstarter
- Shopify e-commerce platform knowledge
- Previous game graphic experience
- Local to our two home bases a plus – Portland, OR; or Fort Wayne, IN
- Multilingual – We work with Japanese, Chinese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Korean language partners.
Benefits available after 90 days:
- Health Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA
- PTO and holidays